Old 03-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Default High School Research, statistics

Hi, I'm doing some research for a school project. Can anyone tell me the number of new people requiring Radiocapitellar Uni-elbow arthroplasty each year please?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

James
In contrast to Total Elbow Replacement, the indications for Uni-arthroplasty are much less frequently encountered in practice. In addition, this implant is relatively new, in terms of commercial availability, so fewer surgeons have experience with the implant.

I would estimate that there are fewer than 100 procedures performed each year. You may try to get a more accurate figure by contacting the company that sells the implant--Small Bone Innovations. http://www.totalsmallbone.com/

For more information on this procedure visit:

http://www.drtomaino.com/article.php?id=121
Old 04-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Thank you Dr Tomaino that is a great help and I've sent them an email, thank you.

Where can I find a stat on the number of people presenting as new cases each year with damage to the Cartilage surface of the capitellar please?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

I think that will be difficult to get a handle on. There are so many varied causes such as trauma, fracture, arthritis, osteochondritis dessicans etc And, the vast majority of people with some cartilage "issue" may never seek treatment because they learn to live with the "ache".

Tags
research, statistics